Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your property incurs water damage from flooding or leaks, we have the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. Our experience and scientific drying process ensure that the water removal and the cleanup process will be done up to industry standards. Our attention to detail and ability to work closely with your insurance provides ensures that your property will be restored to its preloss condition, "Like it never even happened."
Follow us on Facebook to stay connected where you will receive special offers, tips, and ideas about further preparing your home or business for a flood or storm.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (814) 636-6760
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.